Sabrina C. Stavish
Sabrina manages and protects her client’s brands.
With a focus on brand management and strategy, Sabrina advises companies in nearly every industry with protecting their domestic and international trademarks, copyrights and Internet domains.
Her areas of experience include:
- Trademark Clearance;
- Trademark Prosecution;
- Trademark Portfolio Strategy;
- Copyright Infringement;
- Copyright Protection and Registration; and
- Domain Name Disputes.
During her 26 years of practice, Sabrina has filed approximately 3,200 trademark applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Domestic and international companies ask her to prepare licensing agreements, software development agreements, intellectual property transfer agreements, consulting agreements, marketing agreements, and corporate sponsorship agreements.
Her international capabilities include Madrid Protocol filings, European Community filings and national filings throughout the world through a network of foreign trademark experts.
She has also handled domain name disputes under the Uniform Domain Name Resolution Proceeding and appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
University of Colorado (J.D., 1987)
State University of New York (B.S. Biology, cum laude, 1984)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property in Employment
- Internet Related Counsel
- IP Transactions & Licensing
- Trademark Prosecution & Counseling
United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2002
United States District Court, District of Colorado, 1989
United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1989
Bayaud Enterprises, Board Member
Legal Aid Foundation, Past Chairperson, Board of Trustees
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Section, Past President and IP
Advisory Board Member
International Trademark Association
Colorado Women’s Bar Association
Presentations and Publications:
- Panelist: “The Public Domain in Intellectual Property Rights,” Silicon Flatirons Center Conference Exploring Governance Strategies for the Public Domain, 2015.
- Author, “Right of Publicity Laws: Colorado,” Practical Law, February 2015.
- Angel Capital Summit, Branding Panel, 2014.
- Notice and Take Down Procedures, 11th Annual Rocky Mountain IP and Tech Institute, CLE in Colorado, 2013.
- Intellectual Property Basics, Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association, 2012.
- Hot Topics in Intellectual Property Federal Practice Update, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Colorado Bar Association, 2010.
- IP firms look to promote women in the practice with early recruitment: Law Week Colorado, May 15, 2017
- Stavish honored by Best Lawyers in America as Trademark Law “Lawyer of the Year 2017″…read more…
- Stavish recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2016..read more…
- Sabrina Stavish named to Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars Top 250 Women
- Making the 2015 list of top female intellectual property attorneys in the United States, Sheridan Ross boasts two stars: Sabrina Stavish and Miriam Trudell…read more…
- Sabrina Stavish Recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2015 Copyright Law Lawyer of the Year, August 19, 2014.
- Four attorneys from Sheridan Ross P.C., a Denver-based Intellectual Property law firm, were listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 in the areas of Copyright Law, Trademark Law, IP Litigation and Patent Law…read more…
In re Coors, 343 F. 3d 1340, 68 USPQ2d 1059 (Fed. Cir.).
Estate of Hunter S. Thompson v. Mitchell Moore, FA0508000530332 (Nat. Arb. Forum Sept. 15, 2005) (huntersthompson.com)
VICORP Restaurants, Inc. v. Anastasios Triantafillos, FA0505000485933 (Nat. Arb. Forum July 14, 2005) (bakersquare.com)
MediaNews Group Interactive, Inc. v. Mo Domains, FA0505000470925 (Nat. Arb. Forum June 6, 2005) (vacavillerporter.com)
Wild Marks, Inc. v. email@example.com, FA0402000235716 (Nat. Arb. Forum March 29, 2004) (henrysmarketplace.com)
Managing IP Stars, 2015
Best Lawyers, 2014-2021, Copyright Law “Lawyer of the Year” 2015 and 2020; Trademark Law “Lawyer of the Year,” 2017
Managing Intellectual Property, Top 250 Women in IP, 2015, 2017-2018
5280 Magazine Top Denver Attorneys, 2015-2021
Barrister’s Best, Law Week Colorado, 2014, 2015
World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals. 2014-2021
Colorado Super Lawyers, 2010-2021; Top 100 Attorneys 2016-17; Top 50 Women, 2012-2013, 2016-2020
Top 250 Women in IP, Managing Intellectual Property, 2013, 2015, 2017-2018
Top Women Lawyers, Law Week Colorado, 2010.
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated