Pamela has experience in all areas of trademark law and is a former Trademark Examining Attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
She has extensive experience in the areas of trademark prosecution and maintenance of trademark registrations filed in the U.S.P.T.O., as well as Ex Parte and Inter Partes practice in front of the Office’s Trial and Appeal Board. Pamela conducts trademark clearance searches, maintains, polices and defends trademark registrations, and prepares license agreements and intellectual property transfer agreements. Pamela also works to enforce her clients’ portfolios by policing and defending their trademark registrations and assisting clients in creating international trademark portfolios aimed at maximizing their coverage. Pamela’s practice also includes internet related trademark and copyright issues such as domain name disputes and Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Proceedings.
Pamela’s trademark experience at the international level includes Madrid Protocol filings, European Community filings and national filings throughout the world, as well as maintenance of international trademark portfolios through a network of foreign trademark experts. Pamela has extensive experience in drafting a full range of IP agreements including licenses, IP transfer agreements, co-existence, consent, and services agreements.
Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2004)
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (B.A., Psychology, with distinction, 2000)
- Intellectual Property in Employment
- Internet Related Counsel
- Trademark Prosecution & Counseling
United States Supreme Court, 2014
United States District Court, District of Colorado, 2008
New York, 2005
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association
International Trademark Association (INTA)
International Network of Boutique Law Firms (INBLF), Colorado – President (2015-2017)
INTA’s Ladas Memorial Award Judge 2014, 2015
Board of Directors, Anti-Defamation League Mountain States Region
Anti-Defamation League Glass Partners-in-Leadership Institute Program
Presentations and Publications:
- Speaker: “Marijuana and Cannabis Update;
- the intersection between cannabis and IP law
- state and federal cannabis litigation and the application of those decisions to cannabis IP rights
- state and federal cannabis regulatory law changes as a result of the 2016 election,” Rocky Mountain IP and Technology Law Institute, Westminster, Colorado, June 2017.
- Speaker: “Commercialization of Marijuana: An Update,” 14th Annual Rocky Mountain IP & Technology Law Institute, Colorado Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, June 2, 2016.
- The Top Ten IP Issues for Non-Profit Organizations, 22nd Annual Institute on Advising Nonprofit Organizations in Colorado, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Colorado Bar Association, 2013
- Zayo Group, LLC v. Rick Watt, FA1704001729244 (FORUM 2017, Settled Prior to Decision) (zayocanada.com)
- Cimarex Energy Co. v. Devon Mcclure, D2014-1181 (WIPO Aug. 12, 2014) (cimarex-energy.com)
- National Concessions Group Inc. v. Christopher Phibbs, FA1405001560679 (FORUM July 7, 2014) (o-penvape.com)
- American Animal Hospital Association v. Domain Manager/Hog Advertising LLC, FA1308001516145 (FORUM Oct. 21, 2013) (aaha.org)
- World Gold Trust Services, LLC v. GLD International Inc., (S.D. N.Y.), Civil Action No. 1:17-cv-06881-PKC) – Counsel for Plaintiff; Successfully settled.
- World Gold Trust Services, LLC v. Global X Management Company LLC, (S.D. N.Y.), Civil Action No. 1:16-cv-03824-ALC – Counsel for Plaintiff; Successfully settled.
- BLK DNM Group, LLC v. Sweetyet Development Limited Corporation (D. N.J.), Civil Action No. 2:14-CV-02575-WHW-CLW – Counsel for Defendant; Successfully settled.
- Fiori, LLC v. Obvious Clothing LLC (D. Co.), Civil Action No. 1:14-cv-01244-KLM – Counsel for Plaintiff; Successfully settled.
Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2018