Angela M. Domitrovich, Ph.D.
Dr. Domitrovich is a patent agent with experience in the general areas of biochemistry, virology, molecular biology and biotechnology.
Her practice includes all aspects of domestic and foreign patent prosecution including patent preparation and prosecution and due diligence of patent portfolios in the areas of biochemistry, virology, molecular biology, microbiology, virology, nutraceuticals, therapeutic methods, and genetic engineering. Dr. Domitrovich obtained her Ph.D. in Biochemistry/Biophysics from Texas A&M University and further conducted post-doctoral research as a National Institutes of Health Fellow at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.
Dr. Domitrovich works with Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bolder Biotechnology, Genentech, Gilead, Celgene, GlobeImmune, Inc., and the University of Colorado as well as National Jewish Health and others to secure patent rights to small molecule therapeutics, protein and antibody therapeutics and methods of using these drugs as well as targeted therapeutic products for the treatment of viral infections. Also, Dr. Domitrovich has worked with Martek to obtain patent protection for various nutraceutical and pharmaceutical products and methods to produce the products. Dr. Domitrovich also works with Sesqui Mining to secure patent rights for an array of mining technologies.
Dr. Domitrovich obtained her Ph.D. in Biochemistry/Biophysics from Texas A&M University and further conducted post-doctoral research as a National Institutes of Health Fellow at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.
Texas A&M University (Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2002)
University of Colorado (B.A., with distinction in Biology with Chemistry minor, 1996)
- Patent Office Post Grant Proceedings
- Patent Prosecution
- Patent Search Services
- Life Sciences
United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2008
American Intellectual Property Law Association member (AIPLA)
Presentations and Publications:
- Invited Speaker: “Foreign Filing Considerations,” 2015 AIPLA Spring Meeting Biotech-Corporate Practice Session, Los Angeles California
- Domitrovich, A.M., Felmlee, DJ, Siddiqui, A, Hepatitis C Virus Nonstructural Proteins Inhibit Apolipoprotein B100 Secretion. J. Biol. Chem. 280(48):39802-39809 (2005).
- Domitrovich, A.M., Diebel, K.W., Ali, N., Sarker, S., Siddiqui, A., Role of La Autoantigen and Polypyrimidine tract binding protein in HCV replication, Virology 335 (1):72-86 (2005).
- Domitrovich, A.M., Kunkel, G.R., Multiple, dispersed human U6 small nuclear RNA genes with varied transcriptional efficiencies, Nucleic Acids Res. 31(9):2344-2352 (2003).
- Hargrove, B.W., Bhattacharyya, A., Domitrovich, A.M., Kapler, G.M., Kirk, K., Shippen, D.E., Kunkel, G.R., Identification of an essential proximal sequence element in the promoter of the telomerase RNA gene of Tetrahymena thermophila, Nucleic Acids Res. 27(21):4269-4275 (1999).
National Institutes of Health Post-Doctoral Fellow