Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking a Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant with two or more years of experience. A Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant, under the supervision and direction of Attorneys, helps to manage and organize materials and information relating to the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications. A Legal Assistant is an essential part of the team of people providing patent prosecution services to our clients and their duties will frequently include organizational, administrative, and other clerical tasks that aid in providing clear and consistent communication to our clients.
- Prepare documents for patent applications and complete prosecution through issuance as assigned, including assist Attorneys with initial drafting of shell patent or trademark applications, draft and review correspondence including reporting letters, Responses to Office Actions, amendments, Notice of Allowance reviews, preparation, and review of Information Disclosure Statements, providing instructions to foreign associates.
- E-file relevant documents with US Patent & Trademark Office and state and federal courts as assigned.
- Compile and organize case materials and fill in missing document gaps for current assigned cases; compile relevant documents in databases and network drives to maintain an accessible case file; actively maintain paper and/or electronic files with all relevant materials.
- Employ various Firm resources, e.g. PATTSY, and shared network drives.
- Facilitate communication between Attorneys and work directly with Attorneys in coordinating and executing their requests.
- Serve as a point of contact for client, when necessary, to update on case status, etc.
- Other administrative duties (e.g., maintain attorney calendar) as assigned.
- College graduate (or equivalent experience)
- Two or more years of experience in the legal profession
- IP law experience preferred
- Excellent communication, writing, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, attorneys, legal assistants, clients, and vendors
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong technical skills are required, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and a Document Management System
- Knowledge of Relativity, CompuLaw, and SharePoint is a plus
- Ability to work overtime if needed
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. We strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, bonus opportunities, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: $50,000-$90,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.