Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking a Patent Prosecution Associate in the Mechanical Engineering field. This is for a new position in Sheridan Ross’ downtown Denver, Colorado office. Qualified candidates will be USPTO admitted or have plans to take the exam and have 1-5 years of experience prosecuting patent matters. Additionally, candidates should be motivated self-starters with superb communication and writing skills, a commitment to excellence, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft and prepare provisional and non-provisional patent applications and other related patent prosecution documents
- Review, analyze, and draft responses to office actions
- Draft reporting letters summarizing the specific action received from the applicable patent office
- Review and draft licensing agreements and other IP related contractual documents
- Provide advice and assistance on all matters relating to invention management and patent applications
- Conduct legal, technical, and scientific research and gather evidence
- Ensure compliance with USPTO rules and regulations for U.S. prosecution matters
- Correspond with clients and foreign associates
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, civil engineering, or metallurgical engineering
- Advanced engineering degree or commensurate engineering work experience (preferred)
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- 1-5 years of patent prosecution experience
- Preferred candidates are licensed to practice law in Colorado and be in good standing
- All candidates should be admitted or eligible to practice before the USPTO
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. Individuals seeking employment at Sheridan Ross are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package to full-time employees including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, discretionary bonus, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: $115,000 – $155,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.