Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking a Litigation Associate to join the Intellectual Property and Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Candidates will have 3-6 years of litigation experience with excellent academic credentials. A commitment to litigation and trial work is necessary. A technical background along with a federal District Court or Circuit Court clerkship are preferred. USPTO bar admittance is also preferred. The home office for this position is located at Sheridan Ross’ Denver office, although candidates need not be primarily located in Colorado. Qualified candidates will have experience with complex litigation involving intellectual property, securities, contracts, anticompetitive conduct and other forms of complex commercial disputes. Qualified candidates will have specific experience (1) drafting discovery and dispositive motions, (2) managing eDiscovery using a variety of eDiscovery tools and techniques and (3) supporting lead counsel through depositions and/or trial. Top candidates are motivated self-starters with superb communication and writing skills, a commitment to excellence and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced trial practice.
- Compiling, organizing and analyzing discovery in document intensive cases involving complex business disputes.
- Engaging opposing counsel and third parties over discovery disputes.
- Drafting pleadings, dispositive motions, Federal Circuit and Markman briefs and other related litigation documents.
- Managing all aspects of discovery including conducting interviews and gathering ESI (experience with various document review platforms, such as Relativity, is preferred).
- Preparing for depositions of fact and expert witnesses that will be taken by members of the team.
- Arguing hearings and provide support to senior litigators for other court proceedings.
- Interacting directly with clients, providing strategic litigation and risk management advice.
- Preparing for and attending trials with the trial team assigned to the matter.
- Familiarity with ESI Protocols and Tools
- Drafting of correspondence, motions and other written product
- 1750 hours annually
- Dedication to litigation and/or trial practice
- Bachelor’s degree
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited school
- 3-6 years of patent litigation experience in private law firm
- Federal clerkship with a United States District Court or Circuit Court (preferred)
- Experience using ESI protocols and tools
- Experience supporting or taking depositions
- Experience talking lead on the composition of dispositive motions
- Law Review/Law Journal or Moot Court
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. Individuals seeking employment at Sheridan Ross are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package to full-time employees including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, discretionary bonus, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: $115,000-$180,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com.