Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking a Patent Prosecution Associate Attorney or Patent Agent for our Chemical Engineering group. Candidates should have at least one year of patent prosecution or equivalent experience in patent portfolio management and strong academic credentials. This is for a new position in Sheridan Ross’ downtown Denver, Colorado office. Qualified candidates will be USPTO admitted and have experience prosecuting patent matters within the wide range of chemical engineering and chemistry art units. Additionally, candidates should be motivated self-starters with superb communication and writing skills, a commitment to excellence and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare, file, and prosecute US, EPO, and foreign patent applications in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials, and other related areas.
- Interact with clients in the US and abroad to provide client counselling and proactively solicit invention disclosures.
- Provide patentability evaluation of IP.
- Support in the post issuance patent proceedings such as post grant reviews, inter partes reviews, oppositions, and litigations.
- Participate in due diligence and the drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of agreements covering intellectual property rights.
- Conduct, direct, and analyze patent searches and render opinions on validity, non-infringement, and patent avoidance of third-party patents.
- Advanced degree or commensurate work experience in chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science.
- Juris Doctor (JD) for attorney position only
- A minimum of one year of patent prosecution or equivalent experience in patent portfolio management is required.
- Experience in the rendering of patentability and non-infringement opinions is preferred.
- Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
- A demonstrated competency in chemistry or chemical engineering is required.
- Preferred candidates are licensed to practice law and be in good standing
- All candidates should be admitted or eligible to practice before the USPTO
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. Individuals seeking employment at Sheridan Ross are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package to full-time employees including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, discretionary bonus, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: $60,000 – $250,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com.