Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking an attorney with 3-4 years of experience in trademark prosecution and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings for a new position in its Denver, Colorado office. Ideal candidates will have experience in the management and coordination of trademark, copyright, and brand matters. The position includes U.S. and foreign trademark clearance, prosecution, licensing, due diligence, enforcement, TTAB practice and domain name disputes. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with superb communication and writing skills, a commitment to excellence and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Assisting in the management of trademark portfolios, trademark clearance, U.S. and foreign trademark prosecution, and U.S. and foreign contentious matters, including multi-jurisdictional filing programs
- Maintaining constant communication with clients and foreign counsel concerning clearance, filing instructions, office actions, potential obstacles and similar prosecution matters
- Conducting and analyzing preliminary and comprehensive trademark searches
- Handling all aspects of U.S. trademark prosecution
- Preparing assignments of trademark registrations and applications and filling the same with the USPTO and foreign offices
- U.S. Copyright counseling and registration
- Bachelor’s degree
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- A minimum 3-4 years of law firm or corporate law department experience specifically in the trademark field is required.
- Experience in intellectual property due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
- All candidates must either be admitted to practice law in the state of Colorado or eligible to waive into Colorado
- All candidates must be in good standing with the local state bar in which they are licensed.
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. Individuals seeking employment at Sheridan Ross are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package to full-time employees including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, discretionary bonus, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: $110,000 – $180,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.