Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking a Patent Prosecution Associate or Patent Agent in the Engineering field with 2-7 years of legal experience and strong academic credentials. Candidates must have a strong interest in electrical, mechanical, medical device and/or electromechanical applications. Qualified candidates will be USPTO admitted and have experience prosecuting patent matters. Additionally, candidates should be motivated self-starters with superb communication and writing skills, a commitment to excellence, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft and prosecute US patent applications
- Coordinate responses to foreign office actions
- Engineering degree or commensurate mechanical/electrical/software engineering work experience (preferred)
- Juris Doctor (JD) is required for the Patent Prosecution Associate position
- 2-7 years of patent prosecution experience
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts in mechanical, electrical, electromechanical and software engineering disciplines
- All candidates should be admitted or eligible to practice before the USPTO
- Strong work ethic
- Superb writing and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with a great attitude
Remote work options are possible depending on the candidate, experience, and qualifications.
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. Individuals seeking employment at Sheridan Ross are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package to full-time employees including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, discretionary bonus, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: $70,000 – $200,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.