Sheridan Ross P.C.’s IDEA (Inclusiveness, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility) Committee
2024 IDEA Fellowship
Sheridan Ross P.C. is committed to inclusiveness, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) in intellectual property law. As the leading IP firm in the Rocky Mountain Region, we are committed to supporting IDEA in our work, hiring, and community involvement. As part of our commitment to IDEA in intellectual property law, Sheridan Ross is opening an IDEA-specific fellowship for the summer of 2024. The recipient of this fellowship will receive a paid summer associate position that will expose them to all areas of intellectual property law—patents, trademarks, and intellectual property litigation.
Scope of fellowship will include:
- Working with our attorneys to provide solutions for the firm’s clients contributing to a variety of substantive projects including legal research, writing, and presentation projects, attending meetings with senior attorneys with clients, attending public hearings, and providing legal support for internal clients.
We welcome law students who have completed one or two years of law school (or equivalent thereof for any part-time law student programs) who:
- Are diverse law students
- Have a strong interest in IP Law and preferably have a technical background (a minimum of two years of undergraduate studies in a scientific field) for those seeking to be in patent law or patent litigation
- Are enrolled at least half-time in an ABA-accredited law school
- Have a demonstrated commitment to promoting the principles of IDEA
- Can participate in-person for 8-10 weeks at Sheridan Ross’s Denver office
- Exceptional academic performance
- Outstanding leadership abilities and involvement in diversity organizations
- A commitment to community service, and
- Strong interpersonal skills
Application Contents and Timeline
- Law School Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation (does not have to be law professor)
- Personal statement, no longer than 1000 words, discussing experiences that have shaped your commitment to inclusion and diversity in the legal profession
- Writing Sample from Law School or Legal Related Experience
Applications should be sent as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Application is Wednesday, January 31 at 5pm Mountain Time.
Interviews will be held during February 5-16.
The selected fellow will be notified by February 21.
Base Salary Range: $2,200 per week