Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking a senior-level Patent Prosecution Attorney or Agent for our Life Sciences and Biotechnology practice group. Candidates should have a minimum of six years of relevant patent prosecution experience and work history. Qualified candidates will be USPTO admitted and have significant experience prosecuting patent matters within the wide range of biotechnology, pharmaceutical, chemical and life science art units. Additionally, candidates should be motivated self-starters with strong communication and writing skills, be able to work independently and supervise the work of others, display a commitment to excellence and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Some portable business is preferred.
- Prepare, file, and prosecute US and foreign patent applications in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and other related areas.
- Interact with clients in the US and abroad to provide client counselling and proactively solicit invention disclosures.
- Proactively counsel clients about IP strategy related to client’s business.
- Provide patentability, freedom-to-operate, and related evaluations of IP.
- Initiate, defend, and manage post-issuance patent proceedings such as post grant reviews, inter partes reviews, oppositions, and litigations.
- Participate in due diligence and lead or aid in the drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of agreements covering intellectual property rights.
- Conduct, direct, and analyze patent searches and render opinions on validity, non-infringement, and patent avoidance of third-party patents.
- A minimum of six (6) years of law firm or corporate law department experience prosecuting patents in a relevant field is required.
- Experience in the rendering of freedom-to-operate, patentability, non-infringement and related opinions or analyses is required.
- Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and/or negotiation is required.
- A demonstrated competency in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or life science is required.
- Advanced degree or commensurate work experience in biotechnology, chemistry, pharmacology or complementary field is required.
- Preferred attorney candidates are licensed to practice law in at least one US jurisdiction and before the US Patent and Trademark Office, both in good standing
- Preferred agent candidates are licensed to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office, in good standing
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Willing to train and oversee the work of others
- Portable business is preferred
Flexible, remote work options are possible depending on the candidate, experience, and qualifications.
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. Individuals seeking employment at Sheridan Ross are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package to full-time employees including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, discretionary bonus, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary: $160,000-$260,000 depending on the experience and qualifications, with a 1,750 per year billable hour expectation. Reduced billable hour options are also available.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com.