Sheridan Ross PC is looking for an efficient Billing Coordinator with 2-5 years of experience to assist with our billing operations. The Billing Coordinator will be responsible for creating and sending invoices, tracking payment processes, keeping meticulous records, and resolving any discrepancies. The Billing Coordinator is a key player in safeguarding our company revenues.
- Selecting and printing proformas for distribution to assigned billing attorneys
- Reviewing, editing, and processing final bills and sending them to clients; submitting bills electronically when required
- Collaborating with attorneys or the other billing coordinators on billing procedures
- Corresponding with clients, answering questions, and resolving issues
- Following up on outstanding payments
- Creating and maintaining client accounts
- Reconciling account discrepancies
- Adhering to all firm policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines while maintaining confidentiality
- Additional billing responsibilities as assigned
- College graduate in accounting or finance preferred; (applicable work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- 2-5 years of experience as a billing coordinator or similar position
- Experience in law preferred but not required
- Experience with electronic billing utilizing various vendor websites and systems
- Experience with Executive Data Systems/PerfectLaw a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to handle client complaints and follow-up on any issues relating to the billing process. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to multitask without compromising the accuracy of work
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and time and billing software
- Ability to use a Ten-Key calculator by sight and touch
- Willingness to work overtime if needed
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. We strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, bonus opportunities, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: $40,000-$85,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.