Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking a mid- to senior-level Patent Prosecution Attorney for our Life Sciences and Biotechnology practice group. Candidates should have a minimum of five years of legal experience and strong patent prosecution experience. Qualified candidates will be USPTO admitted and have experience prosecuting patent matters within a wide range of biotechnology, pharmaceutical, chemical and life sciences art units. Additionally, candidates should be motivated self-starters with superb communication and writing skills, be able to work independently and supervise the work of others, display a commitment to excellence and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
- Prepare, file, and prosecute US and foreign patent applications in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemistry and other related areas.
- Interact with clients in the US and abroad to proactively counsel clients about IP strategy related to clients’ businesses.
- Participate in due diligence and the drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of agreements covering intellectual property rights.
- Conduct, direct, and analyze patent searches and render opinions on patentability, freedom-to-operate, validity, non-infringement, and avoidance of third-party patents.
- A minimum of five (5) years of law firm or corporate law department experience is required.
- Experience rendering patentability and non-infringement opinions.
- Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation.
- A demonstrated competency in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemistry and/or life science.
- Advanced degree or commensurate work experience in biotechnology, chemistry, pharmacology or complementary field.
- Preferred candidates are licensed to practice law in at least one US jurisdiction, in good standing
- All candidates should be admitted or eligible to practice before the USPTO
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Familiarity with initiating, defending, and managing post-grant patent proceedings in the US and abroad is a plus.
- Portable business is a plus.
Remote work options are possible depending on the candidate, experience, and qualifications.
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. Individuals seeking employment at Sheridan Ross are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package to full-time employees including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, discretionary bonus, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: $120,000-$250,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.