Sheridan Ross P.C. is seeking a Patent Prosecution Attorney or Patent Agent for our Life Sciences and Biotechnology practice group. Candidates should have 1-5 years of law firm or corporate law department experience. Qualified candidates will be USPTO admitted and have experience prosecuting patent matters within a wide range of organic chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences art units. Additionally, candidates should be motivated self-starters with superb communication and writing skills, display a commitment to excellence, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare, file, and prosecute US and foreign patent applications in organic chemistry, pharmaceuticals, and other related areas.
- Interact with clients in the US and abroad to proactively counsel clients about IP strategy related to clients’ businesses.
- Participate in due diligence and the drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of agreements covering intellectual property rights.
- Assist with patent searches and render opinions on patentability, freedom-to-operate, validity, non-infringement, and avoidance of third-party patents.
- Advanced degree or commensurate work experience in biotechnology, chemistry, pharmacology or complementary field
- Juris Doctor (JD) for attorney position only
- Candidates should have 2-5 years of law firm or corporate law department experience
- A demonstrated competency in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or life sciences is required
- Preferred candidates are licensed to practice law in at least one US jurisdiction, in good standing
- All candidates should be admitted or eligible to practice before the USPTO
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Portable business is a plus
Remote work options are possible depending on the candidate, experience, and qualifications.
Sheridan Ross is committed to fostering an environment that embraces and promotes equality, diversity, and inclusiveness where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We encourage our professionals to be themselves and share their perspectives, experiences, and insights. Individuals seeking employment at Sheridan Ross are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Sheridan Ross offers a competitive pay and benefits package to full-time employees including health care benefits, personal paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, discretionary bonus, parking reimbursement, and more.
Base Salary Range: Agents $70,000 – $150,000; Attorneys $110,000 – $170,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.